The St. Andrews Community Club located in south St. Andrews is looking for a hard-working ArenaFacility & Ice Technician who is energetic and thrives on client-first service while working with people of all ages and abilities.
The Facility & Ice Technician position will appeal to someone who is self-motivated, an exceptional team player, adaptable, reliable and client-focused.
If you have arena ice maintenance experience that would be an asset, but not a requirement. For essential requirements of this position please see below.
Overview of the Role
The Facility & Ice Technician tends to the resurfacing and maintenance of the ice (indoor and outdoor),
monitoring of refrigeration plant, routine inspection of all facilities and grounds, overseeing general cleanliness of the entire facility, and assisting in event set ups and tear downs.
The Facility & Ice Technician is responsible for the physical supervision and maintenance of the arena and hall facilities.
Specific Duties and responsibilities include:
- flooding and maintenance of ice sheet(s) for all bookings during shift
- assignment and control of facility room keys/access during shift
- handling all immediately required arena, facility or grounds maintenance
- advising appropriate STACC board member/Rec Manager of other issues that occur at or involve the Club which may require immediate attention/tradespeople
- identifying all maintenance issues that require attention by the next shift
- completing required documentation or logs (incident reports etc.)
- completing all end of shift ice maintenance
- ensuring facility is clean, safe and secured before leaving
- overseeing and assisting with setting up and tearing down facility events and programs, when required
- monitoring of inventory and reporting of shortages for reordering via email
- indirect supervision of student hires and other evening staff
- ensuring that all dressing rooms, hallways and showers have been swept and auto-scrubbed at end of shift
- ensuring Zamboni (ice resurfacer) has fuel supply in preparation for the next day’s shift
- reporting of plant/facility issues for proper action
- completion of incident reports as required
- other duties as assigned
- reliable and trustworthy
- flexible and has the ability to adapt to all situations
- friendly, energetic
- team player, works well with others
- leadership skills/qualities
- organized with the ability to prioritize issues
- problem solver/quick thinker
- self-motivated/ability to work independently
- ideally hold a valid Power Engineer’s Certificate Refrigeration Class (W) or equivalent Power Engineer Level 4 or better
- hold a valid driver’s license – Class 5 is required
- First Aid/CPR/AED and WHIMS 2017 training would be considered an asset
- previous experience in arena ice management and/or facility management would be considered an asset
We are inviting interested people to apply as soon as possible.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com or drop off a resume at 28A St. Andrews Road, St. Andrews MB, with a short cover letter telling us more about yourself and how you see yourself in this role.